It took a little while to happen, but now glasses are the sure fire way to be cute and chic.
Alongside putting away your contacts there are some makeup artist techniques that can help you look hot in your glasses no matter what.
So let’s get to it.
1. For annoying red marks on your nose use a tinted moisturiser or a BB cream.
By doing so you will never fear removing your frames and being left with those annoying little red marks that glasses leave on the bridge of your nose.
2. Use a navy or deep burgundy eyeliner instead of black.
Not only is this a warmer style, but also no matter what skin tone or hair colour you have these colours can be used to brighten up the eyes in a new and cool way.
3. Similarly to above, a burgundy eye will make your eyes pop.
When it comes to glasses a smokey eye can be pulled off beautifully by skipping the eye shadow and smudging a liner in a warm colour such as a deep plum close to your lash line for a sexy effect.
4. Stop makeup from smearing onto your frames by blotting away excess foundation or using a matte finishing powder.
This should be done particularly on the bridge of your nose and cheeks, as this is where the glasses rest. If you find that your makeup rubs off you can use a makeup sponge to remove excess foundation, otherwise as mentioned a setting powder is a good way to go to ensure that your glasses won’t stick.
5. An eyelash curler is a must have.
Before you apply your mascara, using an eyelash curler to curl the roots of your lashes will prevent the issue of your lashes grazing the glass of your frames as you blink.
6. To emphasise your lashes apply a decent amount of mascara to the roots of your lashes rather than the tips.
Following your regular coat of mascara from root to tip apply a coat that just focuses on the roots, again this is to help with the lashes hitting the glass.
7. Concealer under the eyes is another must to avoid sunken eyes.
Unfortunately frames do not hide your dark under eye circles, in actually fact your lenses can actually magnify them, so an under eye brightener or concealer followed with a dusting of setting powder on top is a must.
8. Shaped Brows will complete the look.
To pair with the framing of your eyes, the brows which frame the face need to standout and therefore using a clear or coloured brow mascara that will bring them upward and outward will give you a gorgeous, polished look.
9. For a little fun you can match your eyeliner with the colour of your frames.
For those who wear black frames, you can pair any colour of your choice, but for coloured frames, a matching liner tight to your lash line will really make your eyes pop.
And lastly…for a little balance.
10. Bold lips.
A great pair of frames with classy eye makeup and powdery bold lips is the best way to showcase a chic and modern look.
So ensure you use your frames to enhance your best features rather than overpower them.