Wondering how to transform a day time look into night time glamour?
Well, a simple colour is the answer.
Blue, that is!
A cobalt blue liner and shadow is all you’ll ever need to define your lids for a night out.
This can easily be added to an existing makeup style, say after a hard days work!
One of the great elements of blue is the fact that it can be worn by anyone as it flatters all skin tones.
When paired with metallic violets and greens, you can create an eye-catching chic finish.
So how can you introduce blue into your beauty style?
Well, it’s easy!
If you think a coat of ultramarine colour might be scary, it’s best to start slowly, introduce your eyes to a shadow first such as our Denim Jewel Superlong Wear Gel Mineral Face Colour or our Pearl Crush Creaseless Shadow in Nephretiti.
Then experiment with liners such as our Secret Weapon 24Hr Eyeliner in Baby Blue.
Given that the trend is here to stay, there is no harm in trying it out, particularly when it is one that suits any skin tone, any age group and any eye colour.
So let’s explore some application rules.
1. The paler the skin tone the lighter the application.
2. Olive and dark complexions can go for a deeper pigment.
3. When starting out it’s important to keep the shadow simple and sheer.
4. Be sure to groom your brows with this trend as it is sure to attract attention to that area.
5. Keep the remainder of your makeup minimal, a nude lip works best.
Lucky last, words of the wise…when it comes to clothing, avoid matching your blue shadow to your clothes, that’s the only rule.